Posts Tagged ‘error’

android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

This started popping up in my existing AVD after I updated my Android SDK packages:

android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly error message

Another reason to hate the Android emulator. *sigh*
Not sure what broke, but thankfully doesn’t it occur in newly created AVDs.

CSV file detected as SYLK file in Excel

Working on some CSV export code and encountered this weird error when opening the CSV file in Excel,

Excel has detected that 'test.csv' is a SYLK file, but cannot load it. Either the file has errors or it is not a SYLK file format. Click OK to try to open the file in a different format.

The file was certainly a CSV file; I had no clue what an SYLK file was.

The issue, as I discovered here, is due to the first 2 letters in the file being “ID” (which was the name of the first column); change this to something else (e.g. “Id”) and the file loads correctly without any warnings or errors.

PHP session_start() “Node no longer exists”

I stumbled upon this error earlier today as I attempted to store the value of a SimpleXMLElement as a session variable. I was able to narrow down the issue thanks to this post on

According to a user post on the PHP site, this occurs because SimpleXML returns a reference to an object containing the node value, and you can’t store a reference as a session variable. The value must be dereferenced and copied which can be done by casting.

// Bad! $storageBoxSize = $xml->data->storage_box_size;

// Good! $storageBoxSize = (int)$xml->data->storage_box_size;

I find myself hating loosely-typed languages more and more.